ads

Chapter 181 Present




April 7, 2031




 Hissu's funeral was grandly conducted.


 


The location is outside Elhagan, where Hissu was defeated by Upior.




 The chief mourner was the Pope, and the attendees were adventurers, temple knights, and many residents of Elhagan. He must have been deeply loved.




 The funeral wasn't somber. Even though it was outside the city, the attendees were served alcohol and food. Everyone is having a good time drinking while talking about their memories of Hissu.




 In Japan, there are places that serve alcohol and food as well, but the atmosphere was different.




 The attire of the attendees was casual, and from an outsider's perspective, it seemed like they were just having a lively gathering, drinking outside in broad daylight.




 At that table, we were thanked by many adventurers, temple knights, and residents. In particular, Dominique, who defeated Upior, was treated as a hero.




"I'm sorry...Marth. It seems like I stole Marth's credit..."




 Dominique said to me with a wry smile.




"There's no way I'd care about that, right? Besides, I'm glad Dominique defeated him. The residents of this town, the adventurers, and the temple knights were also relieved that Dominique had avenged Master-san and Hissu. “




 In fact, the people in this town see Dominique differently. As expected, Dominique's master is a former A-class adventurer, and he must have high expectations for his disciple.




 It's being talked about everywhere that Dominique will definitely become an A-class adventurer after defeating Upior.




"Maybe I'm an A-class adventurer...Of course I'm aiming for it, but the residents of this town don't understand what reality is...They even called me a Sword Saint..."




 Dominique spoke with a hint of self-mockery, and from then on, he remained silent.




 The funeral, which lasted until the night, was over and we were about to return to the inn. The Pope, who had been very busy since the morning, came to see us.




"Thank you everyone for coming. I'm sure Hissu is happy too. Marth, let's make something together tomorrow. Please come to the cathedral tomorrow morning."




 Despite being busy, the Pope, suddenly in the morning after the funeral, offered to help me with my business.




“Pope-sama, I think you should take some rest… Your right arm is in a bad condition, so I guess you’re still tired from the battle.”




 When I say




"...I think about a lot of things when I sit still, so I want to keep doing something..."




 The Pope said, looking tired. Maybe the Pope isn't getting enough sleep. He has dark circles under his eyes and looks tired.




"Can't you get some sleep?"




"When I close my eyes, I can't help but think... But this, too, will be resolved with time."




 The Pope forced a smile and answered. And the Pope to Dominique




"Dominique, I think Marth work will be finished tomorrow around noon. So please come to the cathedral around noon. There is something I want to give to Dominique. Let's have a meal together while we're at it."




"What do you want to give me...? Understood. I'll visit you around noon."




 After hearing Dominique's reply, the Pope then went to another attendee and greeted them. He must be really busy... After witnessing the Pope's busy state, we returned to the inn.




 I've been staying in Clarisse's room since I arrived, and we've been sleeping in the same arrangement. There are currently 6 members of [Reimei] and we are talking a little before going to bed.




“Is Pope okay? His complexion seems to be getting worse day by day.”




 Misha said, and Clarisse said




“Yeah… I was wondering if it would be a good idea to put on heals earlier, but I’m sure he’ll move around a lot more if he feeling better…”




 Clarisse had the same idea as me. Everyone was worried about the Pope. If we, who had a shallow relationship with him, were so concerned, those who were closer to him must be even more worried...




“I can't just stand by… Someone needs to support him… It's overworking for the Pope to handle both his duties as the Pope and look after the adventurers,"




 Karen also says. Everyone thinks the same thing.




"For now, let's do what we can. Tomorrow, everyone, please go outside the city and exterminate the undead. As long as there are no adventurers from this city around, you can defeat the goblins, but try to get the local adventurers to handle it. If it seems okay, you can withdraw. Also, could Clarisse and Ellie come back a little early tomorrow?"




 Clarisse and Ellie looked at each other at my words, and even though they were skeptical, they nodded. Then everyone goes to their respective beds. Today, Clarisse and Ellie are on either side of me.




 By the way, yesterday was Karen and Misha. I can't help but think how luxurious it is... Being enveloped in the nice fragrance and soft touch of two people, I let go of my consciousness.





 April 8, 2031




 The orichalcum processing work with the Pope went surprisingly smoothly. The question of why only the Pope can process orichalcum has also been resolved.




 To forge Orichalcum, you need Orichalcum. However, that Orichalcum hammer can only be wielded by the Pope.




 The important thing here is that the hammer is not an equipment but a tool, so the orichalcum




It seems that the rule "Equipment made of Orichalcum can only be equipped by the first user" doesn't apply. But not anyone can handle it; only the Pope can. Satisfied with the result, the Pope looked relieved seeing my expression.




 When I looked at my watch, it was just around noon, and when I went out in front of the cathedral, I found Dominique waiting in front of the cathedral, and decided to eat lunch at an expensive-looking restaurant.




 The three of us had lunch together, drank a few alcohol and talked.




"The quest for Marth and the others is completed today. They really saved us. On behalf of this city and country, I would like to thank you. Thank you."




 The Pope bowed deeply.




"No, no... please raise your head. I did what I expected..."




 When I said this in a panic, the Pope said,




"You don't have to be so humble. It's true that you really helped me. As I said yesterday, there's something I want to give to Dominique. I want him to accept it. When my master died, I gave it to Hissu, but he refused to accept it. My right hand has become like this... Of course, I intend to swing a sword with my left hand, but it's too much for me. Originally, I and Hissu had decided to give this sword to Dominique someday."




 Saying that, the Pope handed Dominique the Clarent that was hanging on his waist.




"T-this... no! I can't accept this!"




 Dominique tries to return it to the Pope.




"Please... I believe... no everyone in this town believes that Dominique can become strong enough that this sword won't be a burden."




 The Pope bowed his head imploringly and once again handed Clarent into Dominique's hands, and Dominique too




"I understand...I will gratefully accept it,"




 he said, accepting Clarent.




 After that, I spoke with the Pope again, but he seemed to have other things to do and went home first. Drinking alcohol when you have something to do is unique to this world.




 When I returned to the inn with Dominique, Clarisse, Ellie, and Sophia were also there in front of the inn.




 I wondered why Sophia was there, but when Dominique returned, the two of them walked arm in arm towards the downtown area of ​​the city.




 Those two have been looking pretty good lately. Clarisse saw it




"It's good for Dominique, with Sophia around, when she asked me what could cheer up Dominique while on guard duty outside, I suggested staying together. she agreed to come back with us... Also, I asked Sophia, and it seems Dominique is quite troubled. You understand, right, Marth..."




 I nodded silently. When Clarisse saw this, she didn't say anything else.




"Anyway, what's going on? Why did you call just the two of us?"




 When Clarisse said this, Ellie looked at me and waited for my words.




"Yeah. I guess it's still a little early... Let's kill some time by wandering around here. Let's go on a date for the first time in a while."




 When I say that, Ellie happily wraps around my left arm. Not to be outdone, Clarisse also wrapped herself around me while pressing something soft against my right arm. Clarisse and Ellie while wandering around town




"How was the situation outside the city? Are there still monsters?"




"There were no goblins anymore. There were only a few kobolds and orcs. I asked an adventurer in Elhagan, and it seems that kobolds and orcs originally appeared around Elhagan, so that's proof that things have returned to normal. They were happy.Also, there were about 10 goblin zombies in the northeast.''




"It's okay... There's no strange feeling..."




 If these two people say it's okay, there shouldn't be a problem. When the three of them enjoyed a date, the townspeople looked at them with envy. I've gotten used to it because no matter where I go, people look at me the same way. As time passes and night falls, Clarisse...




"Hey...what's really going on? Did you just want to go on a date? We're happy, but..."




 She asked with a slightly anxious expression.




"I'm on my way to my destination...soon...here you are..."




 We arrived in front of the cathedral.




“The destination is the cathedral...?”




 I entered the cathedral without answering Clarisse's question. The Pope's approval has been obtained in advance. When we entered the cathedral, the receptionist led us to a small room.




 Upon entering the room, Clarisse and Ellie were fascinated by the interior of the room. Candlelight gently envelopes the room, creating a magical atmosphere.




"Lovely……"




"First time seeing this"




 Clarisse and Ellie were also happy. I was satisfied when I saw the expressions on their faces.




"I have a present for both of you."




 He said as he pulled out two small boxes. Apparently, Clarisse knew what was inside the box the moment she saw it. Tears are pooling in her eyes from her surprise, joy, and happiness.




 Ellie, on the other hand, doesn't seem to know what's inside the box. However, after seeing Clarisse's reaction, she seemed to realize that this was no ordinary present.




 First, I opened Clarisse's box, took out the contents, and put a shining golden ring on Clarisse's left ring finger.




 Then, the slightly larger ring became smaller and fit perfectly on Clarisse's finger. Large tears were falling from Clarisse's eyes. And she is looking at the golden ring on her ring finger from various angles.




 Next, I put the ring on Ellie, who was unaware of the situation, and the ring fit perfectly on Ellie's finger.




"Ellie, this is what I'm wearing on my left ring finger when Clarisse and I get married in my hometown.

This ring is made from orichalcum taken from the boss room in Almeria. It wasn't originally this color, but while I was making it, I had to put some magic into the orichalcum, and when I put some magic into it, it started glowing gold.

There are no special effects other than changing the size, so it seems that they are treated as tools rather than equipment, but each ring has its own purpose. Let’s try putting my ring on Ellie."




 I put my ring on Ellie, but it wasn't small enough to fit on Ellie's finger.




“Actually, it might be better to give it as a present when we get married, but with this incident with Hissu, I don’t know what will happen at any time, so I decided to give it when I could...”




 When I said that, Clarisse nodded.




"Thank you...this is the happiest present I've ever received...in 31 years of my life."




 Ellie jumps into my chest




"Matching...Thank you...I'll cherish it."




 After kissing the two of them, when we left the cathedral, the bells of the cathedral rang as if blessing the three of us.




TN : if you found something wrong just let me know


If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    Toc    Next

Comments

  1. Thank you for the chapter.
    Mars finally grew some balls. Now he just needs enough metal for 3 more rings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the engaging (badum tsss) chapter

    I really think dominique's arc could have been better such as he being more hesitant towards receiving the sword but ok (disappointed but not surprised)

    Also I think the polyamory would be better explored with another male character in the harem though I know that won't happen since whenever there's a bi character it seems to be a female one

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

ads